axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Bahal <sb6...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis Install Problem- Help!!
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:41:42 GMT
Glen,
Thanks,
1.I got the 11/29 nightly build.
2. Started the tcpmon with java
org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon 8080 localhost 8011
- the window come up- but it gave error-
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_BIND
3. Tried to deploy using axis/services/AdminService.
You did not mention what to deploy so I tried with
client_deploy- it did not work:
C:\xml-axis>java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis
/services/AdminService samples/stock/client_deploy.xml
Processing file samples/stock/client_deploy.xml
<ns1:Fault
xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <ns1:faultcode
xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns1:Server.userExcepti
on</ns1:faultcode>
   <ns1:detail>
    <ns2:exceptionName
xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">org.apache.axis.d
eployment.DeploymentException</ns2:exceptionName>
    <ns3:stackTrace
xmlns:ns3="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">AxisFault
  faultCode:
http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.generalException
  faultString: null
  faultActor: null
  faultDetail:

        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.SimpleDeploymentManager.getHandler(SimpleD
eploymentManager.java:218)
        at
org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getHandler(AxisEngine.java:200)
        at
org.apache.axis.utils.Admin.registerService(Admin.java:638)
        at
org.apache.axis.utils.Admin.process(Admin.java:473)
        at
org.apache.axis.utils.Admin.AdminService(Admin.java:178)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native
Method)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.MsgProvider.processMessage(MsgProvider
.java:177)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:
242)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:253
)
        at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:254)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:44
0)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:201)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
2344)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
rValve.java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:
462)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcesso
r.java:1011)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.ja
va:1106)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
</ns3:stackTrace>
   </ns1:detail>
  </ns1:Fault>

Thanks a lot,
Sanjay

--- Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com> wrote:
> Hi Sanjay:
>
> Your earlier problem with the deployment was that
> you were using the old URI
> (i.e. /axis/servlet/AxisServlet) instead of the new
> one
> (axis/services/AdminService) for deploying.  I'd
> recommend going back to the
> nightly build version and just removing the -l
> argument entirely from the
> deploy command line.  Also, you had mentioned
> deploying the "client_deploy"
> file, which probably isn't right for server-side
> deployment....
>
> In any case, if you still have problems, please grab
> the XML trace (using
> tcpmon) of what's going across the wire, which
> usually clears things up - in
> the case you mention below, I'm guessing there's
> some kind of error
> accessing the servlet which is causing you to get
> HTML (instead of XML)
> back.
>
> --Glen

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196)
> > > at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocume
> ntScanner.java:626)
> > > at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XM
> LDocumentScanner.java:809)
> > > at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
> java:381)
> > > at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
> > > at

javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:374)
> > > at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext
> .java:160)
> > > at

org.apache.axis.Message.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:319)
> > > at

org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:588)
> > > at

org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:494)