axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Status update: Axis w/Xerces2
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:03:17 GMT
Sorry for jumping the gun. My mistake - we had this problem with Xalan having old version of
AttributesImpl.... Here's the original posting i had -
http://www2.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2001-May/008058.html

Thanks,
dims

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xerces/java/src/org/xml/sax/helpers/AttributesImpl.java.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.5

> Thanks,
> dims
>
> --- Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Doing performance measurements w/Xerces1, we are finding that
> approximately
> > 40% of the time is being spent in the parser.  Clearly this represents a
> > fertile  opportunity for improvment.  Measuring the same workloads with
> > Crimson resulted in a slight degradation.
> >
> > I would like to measure Xerces2 and explore both XNI and constructing a
> > minimal pipeline which eliminates any unnecessary overhead (e.g., DTD
> > validation), but I am still unable to progress past the following
> problems
> > exposed by the unit tests.  Debugging, it looks like the Axis code which
> > causes the problem down stream is as follows:
> >
> >        public int startElement(String p1, String p2, String p3,
> org.xml.sax.Attributes p4) {
> >            if (numattrs == attrs.length) {
> >                Object[] nattrs = new Object[numattrs * 2];
> >                System.arraycopy(attrs, 0, nattrs, 0, numattrs);
> >                attrs = nattrs;
> >            }
> >
> >            attrs[numattrs++] = new AttributesImpl(p4);
> >            return events.add(STATE_START_ELEMENT, st.addSymbol(p1),
> st.addSymbol(p2),
> > st.addSymbol(p3), numattrs-1);
> >        }
> >
> > Later attempts to reference the copied attributes results in:
> >
> >      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >      at org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl.getValue(Unknown Source)
> >      at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getTypeFromAttributes(DeserializationContext.java:301)

=====