axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject WSDL4J & yesterday's IRC log - problems with creating objects
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:29:20 GMT
OK, so ignoring the comments about some people being a PITA ;-) ..

=====
<GlenDaniels> certainly true, but WSDL4J is a PITA to work with when
using it to construct objects.
=====

I presume you're trying to construct J-WSDL objects, not something
else (in which case it would be a real PITA!). The logic is as
follows:

    - find an object implementing javax.wsdl.Definition
    - use that as factory to create what you want:
        javax.wsdl.Definition def = ...
        def.createMessage(), def.createPortType (), ...
        do def.addPortType () etc. to create the service description
        structure

Glen, what's the difficulty with that approach? How do you suggest
that it be improved? [As you've been on the EG its rather late to
say there's a problem, but anyway I'd like to hear how you think
it can be made easier.]

BTW, I'm not the IBM rep on J-WSDL (JSR 110); Matt and Paul are
co-leads and our reps. Since I work closely with them (and have
argued lots of details with them) I know the history behind some
decisions!

Sanjiva.