axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Young" <>
Subject Wsdl2java and collections
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:27:25 GMT
I don't believe that Wsdl2java correctly handles a collection within a complex type:

For example, use this complex type in your message part:

 <xsd:complexType name="LoanApplication">
   <xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:string"/>
   <xsd:element name="address" type="xsd:string"/>
   <xsd:element name="networth" type="xsd:double"/>
   <!--Must have at least two character references

   <xsd:element name="characterReferences" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="2">

When I do so, I see that the resulting java class looks like this:

  public class LoanApplication implements {
      private java.lang.String name;
      private java.lang.String address;
      private double networth;
      private java.lang.String characterReferences;

      public java.lang.String getCharacterReferences() {
          return characterReferences;

      public void setCharacterReferences(java.lang.String characterReferences) {
          this.characterReferences = characterReferences;

LoanApplication.characterReferences is not a collection.

Are there any plans to address this?

Mark Young

View raw message