axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL4J & yesterday's IRC log - problems with getting RPC info
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:59:06 GMT
> The WSDL spec itself discusses RPC parameters with respect to order and to
> mode (in/inout/out).  If that information is detailed in the spec, then
> J-WSDL should provide that information if asked for.

All it has is that bit about parameter order. J-WSDL does have a
method to get parts in a given order - Operation.getParameterOrdering
gives you the value of the parameterOrder thing and
Message.getOrderedParts takes that and gives parts of the message
in order.

That's as far as WSDL goes with RPC specific-ness and that's
already supported in J-WSDL.

> Like I said, since the spec DOES discuss RPC stuff, J-WSDL should provide
> RPC stuff.

If there's something in WSDL that's not directly supported in J-WSDL
then there's something to fix in J-WSDL. Otherwise, I still maintain
that applying specific usage patterns is not the job of the base
object model.

Sanjiva.