axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryo Neyama" <ney...@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Subject Re: Axis breaks XML infoset
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:40:24 GMT
Hello,

The current CVS version of Axis breaks XML infoset by calling
context.setPretty(true).
Specifically, see the
xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/message/SOAPEnvelope.java:297.
------------
    /** Should make SOAPSerializationException?
     */
    public void outputImpl(SerializationContext context)
        throws Exception
    {
        boolean oldPretty = context.getPretty();
        context.setPretty(true);

setPretty is called for pretty printing. But this is illegal from the
XML-infoset's point of view.
Can we remove this code?
If there is no objection, I will remove it.

Best regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
    Internet Technology
    neyama@trl.ibm.co.jp