axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AXIS System Integration Guide
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:05:33 GMT
Russell,

Excellent idea on this.  +1 on making it part of Axis.

A quick comment.  The integration guide should outline the most common
integration scenario's as pointed out by Greg Truty in his recent postings
on pluggable configuration providers:

1. Pure client (non-managed container)
2. Pure server (non-managed server, like SimpleAxisServer)
3. Client in managed container (like J2EE client)
4. Server code (like servlet) in J2EE container (like web container) using
container's server provider
5. Server code (like servlet) in J2EE container (like web container) using
container's client provider
6. Server code (like servlet) in J2EE container (like web container)
wanting to override container's server provider
7. Server code (like servlet) in J2EE container (like web container)
wanting to override container's client provider

Each scenario would have an impact on the integration points and should be
called out and basic requirements for each plug-point listed.

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9