axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Cleaning up org.apache.axis?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:01:42 GMT
Regardless of how this goes, you can still put your new files
under message.
-Dug

Rob Jellinghaus <robj@unrealities.com> on 10/30/2001 07:41:55 PM

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Cleaning up org.apache.axis?

Right now the following files are in org.apache.axis:

src/org/apache/axis/AxisEngine.java
src/org/apache/axis/AxisFault.java
src/org/apache/axis/AxisServiceConfig.java
src/org/apache/axis/Chain.java
src/org/apache/axis/ConfigurationProvider.java
src/org/apache/axis/Constants.java
src/org/apache/axis/FaultableHandler.java
src/org/apache/axis/Handler.java
src/org/apache/axis/HandlerIterationStrategy.java
src/org/apache/axis/Message.java
src/org/apache/axis/MessageContext.java
src/org/apache/axis/NoEndPointException.java
src/org/apache/axis/SerializationException.java
src/org/apache/axis/SimpleChain.java
src/org/apache/axis/SimpleTargetedChain.java
src/org/apache/axis/Supplier.java
src/org/apache/axis/TargetedChain.java

Does anyone else think that we have too much cruft up there?

I am worried that I am about to make it worse by defining
     org.apache.axis.Part
     org.apache.axis.SOAPPart
     org.apache.axis.AttachmentPart

I would really like to move Message and MessageContext down to
org.apache.axis.message, and then put Part, SOAPPart, and AttachmentPart
into org.apache.axis.message as well.

Likewise, I'd like to move Chain, Handler, FaultableHandler, SimpleChain,
SimpleTargetedChain, and TargetedChain down to org.apache.axis.handlers,
and so forth with all these other base classes.

Basically, I think the only files that should be in org.apache.axis are
AxisEngine, Constants, and (possibly) AxisFault.

+1?  -1?  I will not bother with this unless / until I get some +1's and no
sufficiently compelling -1's :-)

Cheers,
Rob