axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [GUMP] Function Test Failure - Axis
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:22:38 GMT
Mainly because I see the "name" field on the service as just
a dummy placeholder - kind of like the names of handlers.
They're something that Axis uses to find the object.  If people
want to change the URL of their service it shouldn't require an
undeploy/deploy of the service object - a simple option
change would be better.
Also, URLMapper is just an optional thing in Axis - so if someone
deploys a service named "foo", then comes along and adds
URLMapping but they really don't like "foo" on the URL, why
should they have to rename (and of course redeploy) their
service.
And finally, it would be nice if at some point we allowed multiple
URLs to map to a single service.
-Dug

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com> on 10/15/2001 10:14:20 AM