axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: QName's
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 18:53:44 GMT
oh geez, you're opening a can of worms with that one!
I'll leave that for a different day...  8-)
-Dug

Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> on 10/01/2001 02:53:13 PM

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: QName's

Doug Davis wrote:

> Between our code and wsdl4j's we getting quite a few QName classes.
> Would there be any objection to using the one in
> org.apache.axis.rpc.encoding.QName
> instead of org.apache.axis.utils.QName ?  Or would people prefer if we
> waited a little while longer?  (Yes, I'll make sure everything in the old
> QName is
> in the new one).
> -Dug

+10  Definitely, The API should only have one version of any class name.
I don't like class names that are the same but in different packages.
They only cause trouble (i.e. like javax.swing.Timer and java.util.Timer
in JDK 1.3).