axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Truty" <gtr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: The Axis TestCase is growing.
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 14:30:06 GMT
Russell,

I believe this --testcase switch was to allow a hook for some emitter to
actually generate a testcase.  This corresponds to your bullet 4 (run some
test that uses the generate code) in that this hook would give the ability
to generate that "some test"

Regards...Greg
gtruty@us.ibm.com

                    "Russell

                    Butek"               To:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <butek@us.ibm.       cc:

                    com>                 Subject:     Re: The Axis TestCase is growing.

                    10/04/2001

                    08:56 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

I have reservations!  Could you elaborate on why you think this one needs a
--testCase switch?  I've worked on a few emitters in my time and none of
them ever needed a switch to allow test cases to work.  In fact, it could
be argued that such a test is invalid.  If --testCase means things other
than the normal set get generated, then that tells me that we're not
testing the normal set but rather some testcase set.

I would very much prefer that the test did:
1.  Run the stock Wsdl2java on the test's WSDL.
2.  Maybe done some line-by-line comparison of the output against what we
expect, though this could be a pain (I've done this in the past and it IS a
pain).
3.  Compile everything.
4.  Run some test that uses the generated code.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> on 10/04/2001 08:36:59 AM