axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Cleaning up org.apache.axis?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:30:21 GMT
My $0.01 (with the market decline, I'm only giving $.01 opinions as
opposed to $.02 in order to cut costs)

Change....

a. Handler from Interface to Abstract Class .... get rid of BasicHandler.
Leave Handler in the org.apache.axis.* package

b. Chain from Interface to Class .... get rid of simple Chain.  Leave
Chain in the org.apache.axis.* package

c. TargetedChain from Interface to Class  .... get rid of
SimpleTargetedChain.  Leave chain in the org.apache.axis.* package

d. Move ConfigurationProvider into org.apache.axis.configuration.*;

e. Put Part in the org.apache.axis.message.* package

f. Put SOAPPart (and all SOAP related stuff in a separate
org.apache.axis.soap.* package) .... see my message api proposal for ideas
on how I'd like it to be organized

g. Put AttachmentPart (and all attachment related stuff in a separate
org.apache.axis.message.attachments.* package)

But... that's just my opinion.

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9