axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <>
Subject Re: Namespace support (was: Re: AXIS chat log for 9 October, 2001)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:35:58 GMT
Sorry I missed the discussion.

Am I to assume that there will be no default "namespace to package" pairs,
and there will be no default algorithm to convert namespaces to packages.

As far as the includes versus imports issue, should there be a -noEmit
<namespace> option to prevent the emission of specified namespaces
(regardless of import/include).  An alternative is to not 're-emit' the
bindings if the bindings already exist (i.e. -noOverwrite option).

Rich Scheuerle
ORB/IDLC Development
512-838-5115  (TL 678-5115)

                    Berin Loritsch
                    <bloritsch@apa       To:
          >             cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: Namespace support (was: Re: AXIS
chat log for 9 October,
                    10/10/2001            2001)
                    12:15 PM
                    Please respond
                    to axis-dev

Russell Butek wrote:
> So now that we've got that unravelled, and unless we get a complaint,
> someone can grab this handful and implement it (not me; I'm leaving for
> vacation in a couple hours; you, Berin?).  This, along with some
> suggestions made by Ravi earlier this week, and we should be set for
> namespaces.

Sounds good.  I think I can get this done within the next couple of days.

View raw message