axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Roder <>
Subject Issue: remove calls to BasicConfigurator in and Axis
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 02:47:35 GMT and AxisEngine have the following code segment:

    static {

This segment should be removed.  It strongarms the log4j setup and
applications can not change the behavior.

I am trying to use axis in a client application talking to an existing soap
service.  I am using the file in the classpath to setup
log4j in the default/lazy method.  I was not getting any of my logging
output because axis did the above calls.

More information on log4j's default initialization procedure how to setup
log4j can be found at

View raw message