axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Seduk...@ca.com>
Subject RE: What are you working on?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 01:22:50 GMT
Dug,

Not much of the relationship. JAXM is just messaging, like SOAP itself, it can bear anything.
SOAP+WSDL is all about interoperability, and this is what Axis is very good for.

With WSDL, SOAP messages can bear only dynamic information, all static metadata such as types
can be easily kept in WSDL. There is no reason to mix both. And so, that is the purpose of
the full soap:body literal support being proposed for Axis.

At first, Axis was just the SOAP processor much like JAXM. With addition of WSDL processors
it may become very powerful interoperability component.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 7:56 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: What are you working on?

what's the relationship between this and JAXM?
-Dug

Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com> on 10/04/2001 05:39:41 PM

To:   "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:

Hi Igor,

I have been giving the soap:body literal support much thought. I have been working on the
emitter to start moving it toward supporting an RPC-like semantic for document style services.

The rationale for doing this is we would like Wsdl2java to support using .NET services, which
by default generate WSDL using literal.

One of the big problems with doing this is we need to drill down in to the XML types and understand
them better than we do now, then generate stub function signatures which reflect the actual
types.

Another thing that is missing is the stubs do not use an Axis ServiceDescriptor to describe
to Axis the types of the input and output parameters.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia