axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: SOAPHeader.getValue() return type
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:09:42 GMT

For a header that looks like this:

  <ns:myHeader xsi:type="xsd:long" xmlns:ns="namespace">55</ns:myHeader>

The return value would be a Long with a value of 55.  Basically this just
deserializes the header using our normal deserialization system, but if it
doesn't have an xsi:type on it you'll just get a string back (I think you
get a string - there's a slight possibility it might fault in that case
instead).  If you know what type you're expecting, and don't know if there's
an xsi:type on the header, you can use getValueAsType(type), where type is a
QName representing the xsi:type value you wish to assume.

--G