axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject PROPOSAL: ServiceClient
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:06:09 GMT

I've heard rumors that the ServiceClient class is going to go away.  I'd
like to suggest how exactly we handle that.

There are a lot of docs, including at least the Axis docs, the book that
Doug and I are involved in, and the JRun Web Services tech preview, which
reference the ServiceClient APIs.  Not to mention a lot of code people have
potentially been writing to the API.

So rather than removing the class, I'd like to mark it deprecated and leave
its API unchanged.  The implementation should become a simple delegation to
Call.  That way current users can still use ServiceClient, and we can remove
it entirely after a few releases....

What say y'all?

--G