axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: TRANS_URL? What is it used for......BUG?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:24:13 GMT
If you look at the code in
org.apache.axis.client.Transport.setupMessageContext(), you'll see that the
Transport class has a url field which, if non-null, gets put in the
MessageContext as the TRANS_URL property before the message gets dropped
down into the engine (in ServiceClient).  Each ServiceClient is associated
with a Transport object, and so the URL in there should be getting set to
the endpoint URL of the service you're calling.

Maybe you could send us your code and we could see what's getting confused.

--Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: heplists [mailto:heplists@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 11:33 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: TRANS_URL? What is it used for......BUG?

I doing exactly what the examples say in the book for an RPC
type message.  The only thing I have added is a HTTPAction
param using client.set().

I then call:

invoke ( nameSpace, methodName, RPCParams[] );

When doing some debuging....I keep getting a NullPointException
with regards to the msgContext.TRANS_URL?

My DEBUG Output:

msgContext.TransURL = transport.url
HTTPSender(100)--AXIS: targetURL = null

The exception I keep getting:  What is the TRANS_URL param used for?

java.net.MalformedURLException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:496)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:376)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:330)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:101)

        at
org.apache.axis.SimpleTargetedChain.invoke(SimpleTargetedChain.java:1
00)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:168)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:711)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:625)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:543)
        at com.thedig.test.soap.WebService.soapRPCCall(WebService.java:125
)
        at com.thedig.test.soap.WebService.soapRPCCall(WebService.java:84)