axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject WSDD changes (ATTN: James)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:48:06 GMT

Hey James:

The WSDD code you wrote many moons ago allows you to reference deployable
items by either String or QName, and in fact stores them by using
QName.toString() to create the keys in the SimpleDeploymentManager registry.

This is, IMHO, broken.  A simple test I wrote ended up failing because of
confusion mapping string qname attributes to actual QNames.

I'm planning to change this to only use QNames, and to use QNames as the
keys in the Hashtable in SimpleDeploymentManager, unless you have a
compelling reason why Strings made/make sense.

--Glen