axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject VOTE: JNDI patch (was RE: I sent in a patch that fixed the EJB is sues.)
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:57:09 GMT

Hi Berin!

I think I like this a little better as a first step.  This means we'll need
JNDI jars to build axis, but won't need to bulk up with another jar for a
minimal JNDI in non-EJB cases.

We need to be able to pass a ConfigurationSupplier for each engine into the
system somehow - perhaps by mirroring log4j's initialization pattern (look
for a *config.xml file in the classpath if we don't find a configurator
system property).  This should get merged in here somewhere.  I'll attempt
to do this.

Other than that, I think this looks good.  Can we get a vote on committing
it?

+1 from me.

> Please give me some feedback.  Theorhetically, it should
> wipe out four of the five bugs in BugZilla!

A nit: I think it was premature to mark all the Bugzilla bugs as "FIXED".
IMHO, the team should decide that a solution is appropriate and functional,
and get it integrated with the source tree, *before* the status says FIXED.

--Glen