axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Patch to honor http.nonProxyHosts in HTTPSender
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:08:44 GMT

-1 to adding another jar dependency.

It seems to me that you could easily support '*' and '|' in code
without too much work.

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:dims@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 9:30 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Patch to honor http.nonProxyHosts in HTTPSender

Sam,

I was thinking about the same thing. But the Sun web site
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/net/properties.html) is pretty
specific. It says:

"http.nonProxyHosts indicates the hosts which should be connected too
directly and not through the
proxy server. The value can be a list of hosts, each seperated by a |, and
in addition a wildcard
character (*) can be used for matching. For example:
-Dhttp.nonProxyHosts="*.foo.com|localhost"."

So we agree to add the dependency on regexp, I will add code that will
prepend a '\' before every
'.' in the value that http.nonProxyHosts points to.

Thanks,
dims

--- Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > The enclosed patch uses Jakarta's RegExp to check for matches. The
http.nonProxyHosts > can be
> specified as shown below:
> > -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost|*.apache.org|127.0.0.1|daedelus|
>
> Is "*" a regular expression?  I would have thought a regular expression
> would look something like:
>
> -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost|.*\.apache\.org|127\.0\.0\.1|daedelus|
>
> - Sam Ruby

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI