axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Manish Kumar <manis...@cisco.com>
Subject Question on Run time polymorphism
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 02:49:50 GMT
Hello ,
	I am currently facing a problem with Runtime polymorphism while passing
parameters, if I pass an instance of derived class and if method signature
happens to take base class as an argument, then it throws exception and the
server side object never gets called.
Same problem occurs incase of returning derived object and if client is
expecting base class as return type.

So question is :
1. Does axis support runtime polymorphism?
2. Does equivalent object representation contains object graph, so by
looking at xml doc one can figure out whole hierarchy?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards
Manish Kumar