axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jung , Dr. Christoph" <christoph.j...@infor.de>
Subject AW: AW: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils Optio ns.j ava
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 08:49:10 GMT
The need to override something within the WSDL description IMHO hints to
some lacking
facility to seperate between a reusable service layout (e.g., in terms of
relative
URLs that support particular types of services) and concrete instances
of that layout (in terms of absolute machine names and ports).

The latter being the part that you normally specify in a command-line, get
assigned by a load-balancer
or an UDDI-lookup ...

I know that this is what port and location should be about, but obviously
they do not address it correctly.

Just a thought,
CGJ

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2001 04:13
An: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils
Options.j ava

Can you elaborate a little?  In my commit I was talking about
allowing the cmd line to override just the port # that was specified
in the WSDL - so that the user didn't have to edit a file just to
quickly run the sample thru something like tcpmon.
-Dug

"Jung , Dr. Christoph" <christoph.jung@infor.de> on 10/05/2001 09:22:01 AM