axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject JAXM questions
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:55:26 GMT
Why does JAXM bother having separate java.xml.messaging and javax.xml.soap packages, when in
order to do anything with java.xml.messaging.ProviderConnection or javax.xml.messaging.OnewayListener,
you *have* to make or use a javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage?

In other words, it looks like javax.xml.messaging is intended to be something more general-purpose
than just a SOAP framework -- but there seems to be no way to use it to do anything other
than send/receive SOAPMessages!

This seems broken (or at least bizarre) to me.  What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Rob