axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject Re: Proposed change to Message API
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:46:59 GMT
Change "SOAP part" to "root part" and I'm sold.  (Incidentally, Glen, is Axis SOAP-specific
or not, to your mind?)

By the way, IDEA indeed rocks :-)  using it now.  I just wish its syntax checking / correctness
checking was

At 11:25 AM 10/28/2001 -0500, Glen Daniels wrote:
>Attachments aren't something that can be "bolted on" to an existing
>mechanism, they have to be designed in at the core, IMHO.

OK, I'm good with that.  And I'm good with having an explicit Part API, which will *not* be
javax.mail.BodyPart since we don't want to mandate having mail.jar around if you don't want
attachment support.

>Take a look at the JAXM SOAPMessage class and its associates:
>
>http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxm/jaxm-0_94-pfd1-spec.pdf

OK!

Cheers!
Rob