axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject Re: How do you know you've got attachments?
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:04:41 GMT
In the general case, you might not be passing a raw DataHandler into the call object; you might
pass an array of them, or a struct containing them, or an array of structs containing them.
 The same is true on the server side where you could return any serializable object (say,
a whole tree of beans of some kind, some of which have DataHandler members).

In general, you don't know whether there are any DataHandlers hiding down inside the values
being passed, until you serialize.

Cheers,
Rob