axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From nel...@monkey.org (Nelson Minar)
Subject RE: How to get/pass header session information
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:41:08 GMT
>The way I look at is this...would a Web service ever want to get
>access to other parts of the SOAP envelope besides the body?

Oh, definitely, yes.

An interesting example is Grand Central Networks, which uses SOAP
headers to carry information like message IDs, authenticated sender,
etc. Their Java SDK currently uses Apache SOAP.

Grand Central's use of SOAP is a bit different than usual - they rely
heavily on SOAP with attachments, and it's message oriented, not RPC
oriented. It seems like a pretty good design to me.

                                                     nelson@monkey.org
.       .      .     .    .   .  . . http://www.media.mit.edu/~nelson/