axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Function Test Failure - Axis
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:17:38 GMT
Dug writes:
> The problem is that we seem to be mixing URL deployment with
> namespace deployment - the WSDL guys need to decide which
> way they want to go.

What's this got to do with WSDL? WSDL lets you indicate the
namespace of the first body element and the URL to drop
the POST to. What more do you want and need from WSDL?

WSDL doesn't talk about depolyment. How a SOAP engine routes
a request to a piece of code is its business - there are obviously
3 piece of info to route based on; the URL, the SOAP Action URI,
and the body namespace URI. WSDL allows the service publisher
to tell the user what they expect for these URIs.

Sanjiva.