axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Proposed change to Message API
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:14:20 GMT
> Change "SOAP part" to "root part" and I'm sold.  (Incidentally, Glen, is
Axis
> SOAP-specific or not, to your mind?)

Here's my take : for v1.0, it is absolutely SOAP specific.  I don't know
about the rest of you, but I would really like to get a first complete
version of Axis out the door by the end of the year.  Now, this will really
mean a "post-beta-release-candidate" type of thing, since we're using JAX
API's which won't be released yet, but still there's a functionality line in
the sand that I'd like to draw, and revamping to do generic non-SOAP
protocols is something that seems clearly on the other side of that line to
me.  Let's do that later if there's a demand for it.

--Glen