axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Protocol pluggability
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:18:37 GMT
It depends on what's needed to be "pluggable".  I believe we have
a single "SOAP Handler" that is supposed to do the SOAP semantics.
It might not be "pluggable" in the right way, right now, but I believe
the intention is that it could be swapped out in favor of some other
one later on.  Actually, it might need to be a combination of replacing
this SOAPHandler and the Engine itself but I do believe it is possible.
This of course assumes that we can get the different semantics by
just swapping out a few lines of code - if a new protocol comes along
that requires a totally different way of examining the stream we might
be in trouble - but we probably need to do it once to know for sure.
-Dug

James M Snell/Fresno/IBM@IBMUS@IBMUS on 09/24/2001 07:25:53 PM