axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: WSDL2J Problem
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:35:26 GMT
Hi,

thanks. That helped :-)

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. September 2001 14:55
An: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: WSDL2J Problem

First I'll apologize for the cryptic error.  It definitely needs work.

When I get this error its because of a namespace problem.  Specifically, I
had:

<definitions name="urn:AddressFetcher"
             targetNamespace="urn:AddressFetcher2"

  <portType name="AddressBook">
  </portType>

  <binding name="AddressBookSOAPBinding" type="AddressBook">
  </binding>

  <service name="AddressBookService">
    <port name="AddressBook" binding="AddressBookSOAPBinding">
    </port>
  </service>

Anything that doesn't have a namespace prefix is expected to be in
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/".  But that's not the namespace for
AddressBook or AddressBookSOAPBinding.  So you have to add an xmlns:tns
entry that matches the targetNamespace and prefix all the local names with
tns.

<definitions name="urn:AddressFetcher"
             targetNamespace="urn:AddressFetcher2"
             xmlns:tns="urn:AddressFetcher2"

  <portType name="AddressBook">
  </portType>

  <binding name="AddressBookSOAPBinding" type="tns:AddressBook">
  </binding>

  <service name="AddressBookService">
    <port name="AddressBook" binding="tns:AddressBookSOAPBinding">
    </port>
  </service>

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com