axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Abbott, James STASCO-OTO/72" <James.L.Abb...@stasco.com>
Subject RE: Hi + congrats + Contrib proposal
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:41:00 GMT
Chris...

I have the same need as you and this week U have just upgraded to Axis.
I am working on SOAP projects using Apache server and VB (6.0 at the moment)
clients.
I can foresee a need to implement session handling for some of the future
products we will be developing, and for this reason I'd like to offer a hand
with any development you may need.
Skill set would include: Java, VB 6.0. MS Soap toolkit 2.0 SP2.
Anything I can do... just let me know.
Regards
James.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph C. Cemper @ Cemper.com [mailto:christoph@cemper.com]
Sent: 25 September 2001 11:34
To: Axis Development (E-Mail)
Subject: Hi + congrats + Contrib proposal

Hi folks,

after working with Apache SOAP i performed a switch to AXIS for the
handler-features!

Congratulations, as far as I can judge it, AXIS really is a big step from
Apache Soap.

I am currently working on a sample of a handler that performs processing of
the SOAPHeader
for implementing a sort of session handling.

Reason for that is, that the whole cookie-mechanism for session handling is
not supported by other
platforms like MS.NET

Furthermore performing that meta-info-processing via the SOAPHeader seems
much better because
of it's protocol transparency.

Ok, what I can offer/contribute is that sample including

- Java-Code
- VB-Code for MS.SOAP Toolkit

How would that contribution work? Who will review/checkin the code as soon
as it is ready?

mfg / kind regards,
Christoph C. Cemper

email:    mailto:Christoph@Cemper.com <mailto:Christoph@Cemper.com>