axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: AW: Vectors
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:58:55 GMT

Hi guys:

The deal with this is as follows:

Apache 2.2 does not have the adaptable Array/List mapping code which Axis
does, therefore it needed a separate XML encoding for Vectors to distinguish
them from regular arrays for deserialization.  Hence, there's a
"xmlsoap:Vector" schema type defined by the 2.1/2.2 codebase.

So to be more compatable with SOAP 2.2, we should have a VectorDeserializer
which gets automatically registered.  We do not want a symmetrical
VectorSerializer which writes the xmlsoap:Vector encoding, since what Axis
does (serialize all Lists to SOAP arrays) is better.

Matthew: can you contribute your code to Axis?  If so, just mail it to the
list and we'll check it in (after checking it out :)).  Thanks for doing
this!

--Glen