axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Functional tests should work now
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:00:06 GMT

The problem was that we had the authentication handlers registered all the
time before, and if they didn't find the right config they'd just let things
by.  Since my new versions default to not passing requests if authentication
info can't be confirmed, the tests started breaking.  Upon closer
inspection, the SimpleAxisServer didn't deal with HTTP authentication at
all, nor did the TCP transport.  Option one was to switch the default
behavior of the auth handler in the stock deploy.xml to "pass on failure".
Didn't like that, so I took option two, which consisted of:

1) Adding basic auth support to SimpleAxisServer

2) Taking the auth handlers out of the stock service when testing the TCP
transport.

Func tests pass on my machine now, we'll see what happens with gump.

Glen Daniels
Macromedia
http://www.macromedia.com/
                                Building cool stuff for web developers