axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locating JAX RPC docs
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:47:30 GMT
Russell Butek wrote:

> Unfortunately, JAX-RPC isn't public, yet.  It's still under development,
> and as such it's only available to those companies/organizations in JSR
> 101's expert group.  We're trying to get Sun to let this group have access
> to it as well, but that hasn't happened, yet.
>
> Welcome to the bleeding edge.

Then, I assume somebody knows the API.

Have you guys looked at JAXM at all?  The only reason I am mentioning it is
because there is a public API and docs available.  Also, that approach does
some to coincide with what we are persuing in Axis.

It defines the javax.xml.soap package with many of the same entities we have
for SOAP messages.  It is more consistent with the JMS client API standard
though.

The javax.xml.messaging package defines a JAXMServlet that responds to the
SOAP messages over HTTP, and has other provider hooks.

It's just a thought.  Although I may have to troll through the archives
to find your reasoning on RPC vs. messaging....