axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Have you guys looked at Avalon?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 21:31:29 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > As far as full Avalon integration, I will wait until we have more input
> from
> > others on the list.
>
> Don't wait too long...  others may not comment until they start to see the
> code.  ;-)

I'll try not to.  I can start with the configuration integration after my
initial hooks.  I'll try to ease the transition as much as possible.

> > Giacomo sent me a tool that he
> > would like to be opened up that can assist with more complex schema to
> object
> > mappings.  Basically, it provides a (un)marshalling service for objects
> that
> > it creates.  It creates the business objects from an existing Schema.
> The
> > tool is based on Avalon, and is pretty decent.  It might be of use in
> this
> > project.
>
> As I said, we have somebody looking into this too.  If there is some way
> that we can collaborate, so much the better.

I am very open to that.  Let me know who to talk with, and we can see what
we can get going.

> > This does not interfere with how WebSphere/JRun handle their own
> configuration
> > schemes.  It is internal to how Axis would do it (if Avalon is adopted).
>
> We may have differnent ideas about what "does not interfere with" means.
> WebSphere will likely want the configuration data expressed in XMI (see
> http://www.omg.org/technology/xml/), and integrated with the WebSphere
> Admin GUI.

XMI is an XML document.  All that would change is the exact configuration
tree.