axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Christoph C. Cemper @" <>
Subject org.apache.axis.session without getId (AW: Hi + congrats + Contrib proposal)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:58:28 GMT
Hi Glen,

any particular reason, why the session-interface does not have a getId like
i.e. the httpSession?

that will be necessary for SessionId-Generation and should be kept inside
the session, right?

mfg / kind regards,
Christoph C. Cemper

  -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: Glen Daniels []
  Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. September 2001 05:17
  An:; Axis Development (E-Mail)
  Betreff: Re: Hi + congrats + Contrib proposal

  Hi Christoph!

  This is a great project - we'd been thinking of adding something along
these lines, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Glad you're working on it!

  I assume you've already looked at the session support built into Axis via
the getSession()/setSession() APIs in the MessageContext and the
SimpleSession implementation.  So essentially your session-management
Handler just needs to keep track of a list of active sessions by ID,
generate new ones when appropriate (i.e. when the SOAP session header isn't
present, make a new session and send back a header containing the new ID),
and time old ones out.  Does this sound about right to you?