axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Hi + congrats + Contrib proposal
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:16:58 GMT
Hi Christoph!

This is a great project - we'd been thinking of adding something along these lines, but hadn't
gotten around to it yet.  Glad you're working on it!

I assume you've already looked at the session support built into Axis via the getSession()/setSession()
APIs in the MessageContext and the SimpleSession implementation.  So essentially your session-management
Handler just needs to keep track of a list of active sessions by ID, generate new ones when
appropriate (i.e. when the SOAP session header isn't present, make a new session and send
back a header containing the new ID), and time old ones out.  Does this sound about right
to you?

--Glen
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christoph C. Cemper @ Cemper.com
  To: Axis Development (E-Mail)
  Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 6:34 AM
  Subject: Hi + congrats + Contrib proposal

  Hi folks,

  after working with Apache SOAP i performed a switch to AXIS for the handler-features!

  Congratulations, as far as I can judge it, AXIS really is a big step from Apache Soap.

  I am currently working on a sample of a handler that performs processing of the SOAPHeader
  for implementing a sort of session handling.

  Reason for that is, that the whole cookie-mechanism for session handling is not supported
by other
  platforms like MS.NET

  Furthermore performing that meta-info-processing via the SOAPHeader seems much better because
  of it's protocol transparency.

  Ok, what I can offer/contribute is that sample including

  - Java-Code
  - VB-Code for MS.SOAP Toolkit

  How would that contribution work? Who will review/checkin the code as soon as it is ready?

  mfg / kind regards,
  Christoph C. Cemper
  email:    mailto:Christoph@Cemper.com
    www:    http://Christoph.Cemper.com