axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <>
Subject Re: Building the Engine
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:20:27 GMT
> General observation: if James is looking to revamp the WSDD code, it might
> actually be the right time to discuss the changes that Berin is

One of our engineers at Macromedia has already done tweaks to James' code,
which was what I was planning to check in.  Essentially it doesn't change
the structure at all, but adds write functionality where James' original
stuff was read-only.

I'm personally very open to the general kinds of restructuring being
proposed (esp if they result in a more globally useful configuration system
and solve the EJB problems), but want to understand it in more depth (and
see some code) before +1'ing anything.

> This would imply that it might be best for all concerned if WSDD were
> postponed until after alpha 2; or to put it another way, lets move
> aggresively to ship alpha 2 ASAP so that work can proceed on WSDD.  There
> already is plenty of new function with WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL for people
> to play with, IMHO.

+1 - I'd like to get alpha-2 out mid week if I can manage to finish updating
the docs.  The WSDL functionality is great, and there have been some good
bug fixes since alpha-1 too.

View raw message