axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Brandon Rife" <brandonr...@home.com>
Subject RE: Hello, and an issue
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:50:34 GMT
For what its worth, I'm experiencing the same thing - with my own
classes and the samples.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Came [mailto:ScottC@PSSG.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 4:00 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Hello, and an issue

Hello axis-dev'ers.
Thanks very much to all of you working on Axis.  My work as a consultant
these days is leaning ever more in the web services direction...at least
that's where I'm trying to lead my clients!!  I've also been doing Java
full-time for about four years, and would certainly like to see a
reliable Java SOAP implementation.  Looks like you all are well on the
way.  I've used Apache SOAP and appreciate the improvements you're
aiming at with Axis.
I am currently in the process of reviewing the Axis source, just to
learn more about the project.  I may be in a position to assist on the
project in some way...perhaps starting with docs or something.  I'd like
to get a good understanding of the codebase first, then perhaps ask how
I might best contribute.
Now for my issue...  I have successfully checked out the source, and run
the "compile" and "dist" targets in build.xml.  I get successful builds
on both.  Following the install guide, I copied the
axis-1_0/webapps/axis directory to [tomcat-home]/webapps, and copied my
xerces 1.4.3 jar file into the axis webapp's lib directory.  I can hit
the axis servlet just fine (http://localhost/axis/servlet/AdminServlet).
However, when I try to deploy the echo sample using this (executed from
axis-1_0\samples\echo):
java -cp
c:\xerces-1.4.3\xerces.jar;..\..\lib\axis.jar;..\..\lib\log4j-core.jar
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost/axis/servlet/AxisServlet deploy.xml
I get this on stdout/stderr:
Processing file: deploy.xml
<ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <ns1:faultcode
xmlns:ns4="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns4:Server.NoService</ns1:faultc
ode>
   <ns1:faultstring>The Axis engine couldn't find a target service to
invoke! targetService is AdminService</ns1:faultstring>
  </ns1:Fault>
I searched the mailing list archives and google, to no avail.  Apologies
if this is a newbie question that's documented somewhere.  Can anyone
help?
I'm running tomcat 3.2.2, Ant 1.4, Xerces 1.4.3, JDK 1.3.1...all on
Win2K.
TIA and best regards,
--Scott
Scott Came
Senior Managing Consultant
Logical eBusiness Solutions (formerly PSSG)
scott.came@us.logical.com
www.logical-nw.com
(360) 491-7774