axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: doTestIBM()
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:22:00 GMT
My thoughts are that we are delivering this as an external sample, and that
it would be nice it were actually tested.  Products that ship samples that
don't work are lame.  My fear is functionality for which there is no
automated test will atrophy over time.  I can cite plenty of examples...  ;
-)

What I did in the past was to add logic that treated the specific error
message that we got when the server was not found in DNS to the list of
(somewhat) expected results.  We could add timeout to the list.  We might
want to consider setting the timeout so that the delay is more tolerable.

- Sam Ruby