axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Re: More ramblings one messages
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 01:52:03 GMT

David,
If you do not distinguish request/response, we cannot properly process
mustUnderstand attriubte.
There were two approaches:
1. The architecture knows the distinction
2. The architecture does not know the distinction.  Rather some specific
handlers for checking
mustUnderstand are placed properly somewhere in the chain.
BTW, is mustUnderstand processing performed in the current Axis?
Best regards,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4668

From: "Doug Davis" <dug@us.ibm.com> on 2001/08/09 03:49

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: More ramblings one messages

I think the biggest reason people wanted the split was
because we envisioned a need to be able to get access
to both the incoming and outgoing messages at the same
time.  If we had a single message, and a handler changed
it (ie. removed a header) then that header would no longer
be available to subsequent handlers.  An argument can be
made that maybe they shouldn't be available - or if we went
with a single message then we could just stick the original
message in the 'bag' in the message context.
If I remember correctly, we never really had a "formal" vote
it just sort of evolved into the current state.
-Dug

David Melgar/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS on 08/08/2001 02:32:35 PM