axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sadiq, Waqar" <waqar.sa...@eds.com>
Subject RE: WSDL musings
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:29:33 GMT

If you are taking requirements for WSDL support in Axis, then here is one.
I believe that the business process orchestration on languages such as WSFL
will play a significant role.  These process engines require a dynamic
invocation mechanism.  During the course of executing a business process
engine, the process engine may retrieve WSDL for the target web service from
some source.  A flexible engine will be able to invoke the target operations
on the target web service dynamically, without statically generated stubs.
It would be great if the process engine is not burdened with the task of
having to parse WSDL to figure our how to make the call.  In order to be
partly blind to how the call needs to be made, meta data is required.  For
those familiar with CORBA-DII, the meta data came from the interface
repository.  For web services, all that meta data is in the WSDL document
for the target service.  This requirements is partly being addressed by the
two JSR's (JSR 101 & 109) and also by WSIF. How about Axis supporting this?

Thanks,

Waqar Sadiq
EDS EIT ESAI - Enterprise Consultant
MS H3-4C-22