axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryo Neyama" <ney...@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Subject a problem in ServiceClient
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:19:11 GMT
I found a bug in org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.
----
    public static synchronized void initialize()
    {
      if (!initialized) {
        addTransportPackage("org.apache.axis.transport");

        setTransportForProtocol("local", new
org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalTransport());
        setTransportForProtocol("http", new HTTPTransport());

        initialized = true;
      }
    }

----
There is no "https" mapping in this method altough HTTPTransport supports
"https".
My quick hack is as follows.
----
    public static synchronized void initialize()
    {
      if (!initialized) {
        addTransportPackage("org.apache.axis.transport");

        setTransportForProtocol("local", new
org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalTransport());
        HTTPTransport httpTransport = new HTTPTransport();
        setTransportForProtocol("http", httpTransport);
        setTransportForProtocol("http", httpTransport);

        initialized = true;
      }
    }
----

The behavior when I specify a unsupported protocol is also strange; no
fault, no warning.
It should return "protocol not supported" fault, right?

Best regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
    Internet Technology
    neyama@trl.ibm.co.jp