axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Hello, Questions: WSDL, JAXM/JSR 67
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:05:54 GMT

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=99526744606352&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=99236686802581&w=2

> There are some hints that Sun wants to donate the reference JAXM
> implementation to Apache:
>   http://systemnews.dynasys.com/system-news/jobdir/submitted/2001.02/2916/2916.html
>
> What would that mean? I guess my question is if there is room for
> multiple SOAP messaging APIs for Java, or if ultimately people will
> end up using just one. I'd hate to see the same thing happen that's
> happening now with JSR47 vs. log4j

However, there is only so many hours in a day... I fully expect the APIs to
converge as you indicate.

Speaking only for myself at the moment, I personally have been invited to
participate and have personally invited a number of the participants in
these JSRs (specifically those at Sun) to partipate in Axis.  There is no
ill will between us.

Most of my personal focus has been on getting Axis to perform, comply with
the standard, and interoperate.  These things will likely be important
however the API's settle down.

- Sam Ruby