axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Indents
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:43:53 GMT

My vote for 4-space indents: +1 because Javasoft standard is 4-spaces.
Cheers,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4668

From: Rob Jellinghaus <robj@unrealities.com> on 2001/07/12 08:04

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org, "Axis-Dev (E-mail)"
      <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Re: VOTE: Indents

I asked this question originally.  I said that I wanted to standardize on
2-space indents, but that the current standard as established on the Axis
page (via the Javasoft standard which is there referenced) is 4 spaces.  I
moreover said that I would only standardize on two spaces if *everyone*
felt like changing it.

Both you and Yuhichi said you liked 4 spaces (you were ready to compromise,
Yuhichi wasn't, though when did *he* last submit any code??? :-).  So I
quietly dropped the issue and I have standardized on 4 spaces as well,
since it is the current standard.  Since doing so I've decided 4 spaces is
fine with me.  There was never any actual vote last time.

So: my vote for 4-space indents: +1

Cheers,
Rob