axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "KIND,LANCE (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <lance_k...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Client Code generator ..
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:31:17 GMT
The Structs and arrays will have to wait another release.  I am just trying
to get the simplest thing out right now.  The release after will be arrays,
then at last Structs.  It is planned that the Structs will be represented by
classes with public fields.  Those 'struct classes' are generated as inner
classes of the Proxy.

The word 'generated' here means java code generation.  This gives the
developer freedom to change the proxy to their hearts content.

><Excerpt from below>
> Are you also creating static types and mappers for complex types or is
> everything dynamic?

I am not certain what you mean by static types.  I think the answer is yes
since there is one given type established at the time the proxy generation
tool is executed (at least that is how it works in the other source base).
This could change since it appears that Axis's serialization is a bit more
flexible.

Cheers,

==>Lancer---