axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From John Maughan <john.maug...@CapeClear.com>
Subject RE: Client Code generator ..
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:51:44 GMT
Hi Michele,

At Cape Clear we have built a WSDL to Java (&VB) proxy generator as part of
our CapeStudio toolset. This generator handles primitive & complex types,
arrays etc. The tool also includes a graphical XSLT generator which performs
bi-directional XML to XML, XML to SOAP and SOAP to SOAP mappings. A free
early access version of the toolset is available from Tuesday 17th July
(next week) on www.capeclear.com/capestudio. Cape Clear also have a Java,EJB
and CORBA to WSDL generator as part of the CapeConnect Web Services
platform.

Hope this is useful,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Costabile [mailto:mico@zucchetti.com]
Sent: 12 July 2001 11:39
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org; axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Client Code generator ..

> Hen, not to discourage since what I am working on is vapor since it hasn't
> been released, but I am porting a WSDL2 Axis Client proxy (from another
> source base) which I hope to have working with primitive types by the end
of
> the week (and damn that end is coming up fast :-().

I would be veeeeery interested to see a WSDL proxy generator. Since I
specified SOAP as the reference platform for our services I have had a lot
of success on the Microsoft platform (and quite a few services already in
place), but now I am in real trouble with Java clients.
I suggest you to try your tool against WSDL generated by the MS SOAP Toolkit
2.0 that is where the tools from Alphaworks do fail and hand coding is a
bear.
Are you also creating static types and mappers for complex types or is
everything dynamic?