axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject Can Java service providers access their options?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:44:38 GMT
If I put some options into my deploy.xml (or WSDD, or whatever), and I have
a Java class which acts as a service provider, is there an accepted way for
that Java service object (when instantiated) to access its deployment options?

Right now I am working on a JDBC-backed service, and I would like to do
something like:

  <service name="myservice" pivot="piv" >
    <option name="className" value="robj.ServiceClass" />
    <option name="methodName" value="Hokey Pokey" />
    <option name="scope" value="Application" />
    <option name="database" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3066/scratch/" />
  </service>

and then have the ServiceClass instance be able to access the value of the
"database" option.

What is the right way to do this?  None of the examples I can find do this
sort of thing.

I'll hardcode it for now....
Cheers,
Rob