axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Persistence of services
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:38:08 GMT
There is a file called "server-config.xml" which contains all the deployed stuff for a server.
 It lives in whatever the current directory is when the server starts up - I'm not sure what
it is for tomcat, but for JRun it's <jrunroot>/servers/default.  We should arrange for
this file to live in WEB-INF or at least the webapp root directory, but just where it goes
and what exactly "it" means (i.e. scope of what lives in how many files) is a bit of an open
question at this point.

In any case, for now if you find the server-config.xml file and delete it, then restart your
server (which you can do via the AdminServlet), you'll start with a fresh default configuration.

One caveat - right now the type mappings do not live in this file, though I'm working on the
code (should be done tomorrow) to fix that.  So in the same dir where server-config.xml lives,
you'll also want to delete typemapp-supp.reg.

Wax away. :)

--G
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KIND,LANCE (HP-FtCollins,ex1)
  To: Axis (E-mail)
  Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 2:30 PM
  Subject: Persistence of services

  After deploying a few services for a while (using AdminClient and deploy.xml), I want to
just wax them so they don't exist anymore.  Is there a file under tomcat.../axis/WebInf/..
that maintains persistence that I can wax?  Or is there a way to create an undeploy.xml (for
AdminClient) that removes all chains, and services without having to name each chain and service?
 (I don't remember them all.)

  ==>Lancer---